Website Privacy and Legal Information
Windsors has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this site.
Whilst every effort is made to produce up to date products and specifications, this site should not be regarded as an infallible guide to our vehicles products and services, nor does it constitute an offer for the sale of any particular vehicle.
This Privacy Statement sets out all the information that we are required, by UK Data Protection laws, to provide to you about how Windsors LTD will process your personal data.
1. What purposes does Windsors process your personal data for and what is the legal justification for this processing?The purposes for which we collect and personal data are:
We are lawfully permitted to use your data for this purpose because:
- To fulfil your order, deliver or service your vehicle.
- To book any test drive or provide any brochure you request, provide a part exchange valuation or to respond to any query you might have.
- To provide, manager and respond to any request you have made to us.
- To help us identify you when you contact us.
- To manage safety recalls and quality campaigns.
- To provide you with the most user-friendly online navigation experience.
- For general administration, reporting, audit and analysis purposes and to manage our relationship with you.
- For market research purposes, customer satisfaction surveys and to carry out our mystery shopping exercises. This helps us improve the quality of our products and services we provide.
- To market you and, where appropriate, to invite you to any events that we might organise.
- To help us detect and prevent fraud and money laundering and to recover any debts owed to us.
- To comply with law for example if we are required by any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party.
- Pass on to any third party that purchases or to which we transfer, all or substantially all our assets or business. Should such a sales or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to try to ensure that the entity to which we transfer your personal information uses it in a manner that is consistent wit this policy.
- To carry out analysis and customer profiling. We may combine and analyse your personal data to help us develop and improve our products and services, understand our customers better and to manage and improve our relationship with you. This could include for example, informing our distribution strategy, evaluating the effectiveness of our marketing and customer service, conduct market analysis and identifying products or services which may be of interest to you.
- It is necessary to perform our contractual commitments to you.
- It is necessary in our legitimate interests to service our customers properly.
- It is necessary in our legitimate interests to ensure that we serve our customers properly.
- It is necessary in our legitimate interest to ensure that we serve our customers properly and provide you with a personalised service.
- It is necessary to do this to comply with legal requirements.
- It is necessary in our legitimate interest to improve our website and provide the best possible experience when you visit our website
- It is necessary in our legitimate interests to ensure the effective management of our business.
- It is necessary in our legitimate interest to manage our business effectively and to improve our offering to you.
- You have consented for us to contact you for these purposes. We will not contact you for these purposes unless you have consented.
- It is necessary in our legitimate interests to protect our business.
- It is necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
- This is necessary in our legitimate interests to manage our business.
- It is necessary in our legitimate interests to ensure that we personalise the service we provide to you and interact with you in the way that suits you best.
2. Who do we share your personal data with?
The personal data we process will be shared by Windsors on a need to know basis to a restricted number of third parties, depending on the purpose of the processing, as follows:Type of third party:
- The Dealer Network of any franchise involved in your service/purchase. To maintain and provide the best service for your needs.
- Relevant Financial Services. For any of your financial needs relating to your service/purchase.
- Marketing, Automation Contact & Advertising Agencies. To enable them to create our advertising campaigns, emails, letters, newsletters, brochures and social media posts. To keep contacting you regarding your purchase.
- Print & Fulfilment Partners. To enable them to send material such as letters and brochures.
- Data Management Partners. To securely manage data.
- Media Partners (such as Google, and Facebook). To advertise our products and services.
- Technology Partners and IT service providers. To maintain services on our websites and IT systems.
- Analysis Partners. Analyse how our websites are navigated how effective our advertising is and which products and services are of most interest.
- Market Research Partners. To research how you use your vehicle, what you like and what you dislike and what we need to do to increase your satisfaction and improve our products and services going forward.
- Credit Card Payment Processors. To securely process card payments.
- Driver & Vehicle Licencing Agency (DVLA). Organisation that keeps a register of licensed vehicles in the UK.
3. How long do we keep your personal data for?
The length of time we will keep your personal data for will depend on the purpose we are processing it for. However, in deciding how long we need to keep it for, we will apply the following criteria:
- We will keep personal data for the minimum period we need to for the purpose(s) we collected it for as described in Article 1 above.;
- Your personal data are then archived as required by law for the length of time we are legally required to keep it for
- Your personal data are then anonymized or deleted.