Website Privacy and Legal Information
Windsors has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this site.
Whilst every effort is made to produce up to date products and specifications,
this site should not be regarded as an infallible guide to our vehicles
products and services, nor does it constitute an offer for the sale of
any particular vehicle.
This Privacy Statement sets out all the information that we are required, by UK Data Protection laws, to provide to you about how Windsors LTD will store your personal data.
1. What purposes does Windsors process your personal data for and what is the legal justification for this processing?
The purposes for which we collect and store data are:
We are lawfully permitted to use your data for this purpose because:
- To fulfil your order, deliver or service your vehicle.
- To book any test drive or provide any brochure you request, provide a part exchange valuation or to respond to any query you might have.
- To provide, manage and respond to any request you have made to us.
- To help us identify you when you contact us.
- To manage safety recalls and quality campaigns.
- To provide you with the most user-friendly online navigation experience.
- For general administration, reporting, audit and analysis purposes and to manage our relationship with you.
- For market research purposes, customer satisfaction surveys and to carry out our mystery shopping exercises. This helps us improve the quality of our products and services we provide.
- To market you and, where appropriate, to invite you to any events that we might organise.
- To help us detect and prevent fraud and money laundering and to recover any debts owed to us.
- To comply with law for example if we are required by any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party.
- Pass on to any third party that purchases or to which we transfer, all or substantially all our assets or business. Should such a sales or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to try to ensure that the entity to which we transfer your personal information uses it in a manner that is consistent wit this policy.
- To carry out analysis and customer profiling. We may combine and analyse your personal data to help us develop and improve our products and services, understand our customers better and to manage and improve our relationship with you. This could include for example, informing our distribution strategy, evaluating the effectiveness of our marketing and customer service, conduct market analysis and identifying products or services which may be of interest to you.
- It is necessary to perform our contractual commitments to you.
- It is necessary in our legitimate interests to service our customers properly.
- It is necessary in our legitimate interests to ensure that we serve our customers properly.
- It is necessary in our legitimate interest to ensure that we serve our customers properly and provide you with a personalised service.
- It is necessary to do this to comply with legal requirements.
- It is necessary in our legitimate interest to improve our website and provide the best possible experience when you visit our website
- It is necessary in our legitimate interests to ensure the effective management of our business.
- It is necessary in our legitimate interest to manage our business effectively and to improve our offering to you.
- You have consented for us to contact you for these purposes. We will not contact you for these purposes unless you have consented.
- It is necessary in our legitimate interests to protect our business.
- It is necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
- This is necessary in our legitimate interests to manage our business.
- It is necessary in our legitimate interests to ensure that we personalise the service we provide to you and interact with you in the way that suits you best.
2. Who do we share your personal data with?
The personal data we process will be shared by Windsors on a need to know basis to a restricted number of third parties, depending on the purpose of the processing, as follows:
Type of third party:
- The Dealer Network of any franchise involved in your service/purchase. To maintain and provide the best service for your needs.
- Relevant Financial Services. For any of your financial needs relating to your service/purchase.
- Marketing, Automation Contact & Advertising Agencies. To enable them to create our advertising campaigns, emails, letters, newsletters, brochures and social media posts. To keep contacting you regarding your purchase.
- Print & Fulfilment Partners. To enable them to send material such as letters and brochures.
- Data Management Partners. To securely manage data.
- Media Partners (such as Google, and Facebook). To advertise our products and services.
- Technology Partners and IT service providers. To maintain services on our websites and IT systems.
- Analysis Partners. Analyse how our websites are navigated how effective our advertising is and which products and services are of most interest.
- Market Research Partners. To research how you use your vehicle, what you like and what you dislike and what we need to do to increase your satisfaction and improve our products and services going forward.
- Credit Card Payment Processors. To securely process card payments.
- Driver & Vehicle Licencing Agency (DVLA). Organisation that keeps a register of licensed vehicles in the UK.
3. How long do we keep your personal data for?
The length of time we will keep your personal data for will depend on the purpose we are processing it for. However, in deciding how long we need to keep it for, we will apply the following criteria:
- We will keep personal data for the minimum period we need to for the purpose(s) we collected it for as described in Article 1 above.;
- Your personal data are then archived as required by law for the length of time we are legally required to keep it for
- Your personal data are then anonymized or deleted.
For more information, you can also contact ourselves or the Data Protection Act direct.
Aggregated Site Usage Statistics.
Cookies may be placed on your computer, phone or other Internet device to provide us with aggregated data of the usage of this site and the mediums which are driving traffic to the site. The data gathered by these is aggregated and therefore your individual usage of this site cannot be attributed to you.
Essential Site Features
Cookies may be placed upon your computer, phone or other Internet device to provide essential site features such as allowing you to compare different cars in stock and complete enquiry forms quickly. For more information about cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org
Complimentary Site Features
5. What are your rights and how can you exercise them?
Data Protection laws give you several rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you. You have the right to access your personal data, to have it corrected (where it is inaccurate or incomplete) and, in certain circumstances to have it erased, restricted or transferred to a third party. You also have the right to object to it being processed. You should be aware that not all these rights apply in every instance therefore, in some cases, we would not have to comply. If you are unhappy about how Windsors has handled (or is handling) your personal data, you have the right to complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office ("ICO"). You can do this by visiting https://ico.org.uk/. The ICO can investigate your claim and act against anyone who’s misused personal data. You can also withdraw your consent at any moment if the processing is based on your consent.
All rights, including copyright and database right, in the website and
its contents, are owned by or licensed to Windsors, or otherwise used
by Windsors as permitted by applicable law or the copyright holder.
You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast or transmit
any text, images, graphic, logo, button, icon, image and their selection
and arrangement thereof, and any underlying source code and software,
for any commercial or public purpose without prior written permission
from Windsors or the copyright holder.
You may not adapt, alter or create any of the material or information
in this site or use it for any other purpose other than for your personal
non-commercial use. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes.
Windsors reserves the right to use for its own purposes any material
submitted to the site, including text and images, either on the site or
in any other form, including for publicity purposes. Windsors reserves
the right to monitor submissions to the site and to edit or reject any
We try to ensure that information on our site is accurate, complete and
up-to-date. In using this site, however, you agree to be bound by the
Terms & Conditions, which take effect on the date when you first use
Without prejudice to your statutory rights, the site and all information,
text, names, images, pictures, logos, links and icons and other materials
(without limitation) are provided 'AS IS' and on an 'IS AVAILABLE' basis
without representation warranty or endorsement, express or implied. In
particular, we do not warrant or represent the accuracy or completeness
of information provided on this site nor do we guarantee that use of this
site will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that the site and its servers
are free of computer viruses or bugs.
In no event will Windsors be liable to any person for any damage or
loss that may arise from the use of any information contained in our site
or products displayed on our site, including, without limitation, indirect
or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or
loss of use, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence
or other tortious action, arising out of or in connection with the use
of the site.
Notwithstanding anything else in these Terms & Conditions, we will
not be liable for claims relating to the functionality or availability
of this site.
All names, images, logos identifying Windsors are proprietary marks
of Windsors. All third party brand, product, service and company names
contained on this site are the trademarks, service marks and trade names
of their respective holders. Windsors does not give permission for
their use by any person other than the holders. Any such use may constitute
an infringement of the holders' rights.
Windsors does not represent, warrant, endorse or hold responsibility over any external sites that may be linked to and from this site. Any external site that you visit by clicking through a link on this site is outside the control of Windsors and you visit entirely at your own risk.
The software downloads from this site have been thoroughly scanned and
tested at all stages of production, but - as with all new software - we
still recommend that you run a virus checker before use. We also recommend
that you have an up-to-date backup of your hard disk before using the
software. Windsors cannot accept responsibility for any disruption,
damage and/or loss of data on your data or computer system that may occur
while using the software. Consult your network administrator before installing
any software on a networked computer.
These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance
with the laws of England and Wales. Disputes arising here shall be exclusively
subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
If any of these Terms should be determined to be illegal, invalid or
otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country
in which these Terms are intended to be effective, it shall be severed
shall remain in full force and continue to be binding and enforceable.
Windsors reserves the right to change any of its terms and conditions
at any time by posting changes online.
If you do not accept these Terms in full, you must stop using this website
Alternative Dispute Resolution
In addition to the new rights and remedies in the Consumer Rights Act 2015, there is an additional consumer legislation that came into effect on 9th July. To be legally compliant all industries must be able to direct consumers to a Chartered Trading Standards Institute (CTSI) certified Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) provider.
As such from 1st October 2015, all dealers will have to provide consumers with details of an approved ADR provider such as Motor Codes in the event of an unresolved dispute.
In the event of an unresolved customer dispute relating to service of repair work we will need to advise the consumer of the following on a ‘durable medium' i.e. on paper or email for future reference:
‘As the dispute cannot be settled, we refer you to Motor Codes Ltd a CTSI certified Alternative Dispute Resolution provider that we are prepared to engage with through the ADR procedure. Further details can be found at www.motorcodes.co.uk or alternatively you can contact their Advice Line on 0800 692 0825.’