What is Motability?
Motability is scheme to lease cars, scooters and powered wheelchairs to people in exchange for their mobility allowance.
Working with Motability we aim to offer unbeatable value and provide award-winning customer service to people with mobility issues.
Who can join?
To be eligible to join the Motability Scheme, you need to receive one of the following mobility allowances and you must have at least 12 months’ award length remaining. Please note that the Attendance Allowance cannot be used to lease a car through the Scheme.
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance (HRMC DLA)
- Enhanced Rate Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (ERMC PIP)
- War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
- Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)
How much does it cost?
You exchange part or all of your mobility allowance in return for a vehicle. You can also choose from a wider selection of vehicles by choosing to add a one-off upfront advance payment.
What benefits come with it?
When you choose a car on the Motability Scheme, you get a wide range of benefits including:
- A new car of your choice every three years Insurance
- Servicing and maintenance
- Full breakdown assistance from RAC
- Annual car tax
- Replacement tyres fitted by Kwik Fit
- Window and windscreen repair
- Many adaptations at no extra cost